Friday, March 26, 2010

Three days Inn

Siting down at this little cafe out side of Kingsland, London just off a train from Scotland. My travels seem all more like a dream. Everything seems to keep on meshing together. Sleeping during the day and waking up in a haze at night. I see the sun come up but never see it go down.
The bottle of whiskey at my side. I have a phone next to me that only receives text and picture mail. A laptop that is currently stealing internet from the cafe around the corner from my loft.

Was this what i was expecting from this trip a repeat of a lucid memory from three years ago. Drinking, smoking, writing, and never sleeping. It feels as though I have not slept in months. The bags under my eyes say it all. They tell stories of my travels. From Austin to this studio that holds a guitar, some recording equipment and a small desk enough to roll cigarettes and keep my computer hooked up. If I move it, I will lose the connection of the internet. Meaning I might loose connection from reality. From the people in my city that I have left to find myself once again. In order to regain myself from the insanity that i built for myself of working around the clock and seeing the one thing that keeps me alive. Live rockn roll.

My hermit mind is no long afraid of the dark since that is the only thing that guides me in this town. I am guided by the most obscure people i know, my crazy uncle Micky and my "I wont grow up" 35 year cousin Philip. Together we all sit around and talk about the good ole days while drinking whiskey and filling our bellies with good food. That is if we remember to eat for the day.

This is only the 3rd day. The rest of the trip might be a fiasco depending on who decides to call it quits first. Will it be me with a quick flight out of the UK, my uncle Mick due to work and family; or my cousin based on whether the bar needs him for the weekend. Could it be that meeting my 16 year old sister tomorrow night prior to our train ride might snap me out of my self destructive tendencies in a different country?

Only Time will Tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment